Survive and thrive as an Early Career Teacher by joining us for our 2019 conference, where we will give you a headstart on your teaching journey. Featuring a range of experienced practitioners, including graduates of our highly esteemed Chartered Teacher programme (CTeach).
Topics that will be covered:
- High Expectations & Motivation (Secondary) – Rebecca Nobes CTeach MCCT
- Broad & balanced teaching: Strategies to approach the primary timetable (Early Years and Primary) – Emma Maitland-Gray CTeach MCCT
- Behaviour management in the primary classroom (Early Years and Primary) – Dr Jessica Mahdavi-Gladwell CTeach MCCT
- Securing your first teaching role (all phases) – Philip McCahill MCCT
- An introduction to working with students with SEND (all phases) – Nina Pearson CTeach MCCT
- Behaviour management in the secondary classroom (Secondary) – Jon Clements CTeach FCCT
- The Importance of Subject Knowledge (Secondary) – Paul Middleton CTeach MCCT
- Time management and workload (all phases) – Ben Ward MCCT
- How to survive and flourish in teaching using mindfulness skills – Liz Lord, Schools’ Lead, MYRIAD research, Dept of Psychiatry, University of Oxford
- Your own professional development (all phases) – Beth Greville-Giddings
- Supporting learners who use English as an Additional language (EAL) – Katherine Solomon, Training Manager, The Bell Foundation
Finally, we are pleased to announce Amjad Ali MCCT and Mary Myatt FCCT will be delivering our headline keynotes this year, along with our very own Chief Executive, Professor Dame Alison Peacock DBE DL Dlitt!
Our sessions are suitable for all phases, and will be focused on the needs of early career teachers. Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will also be provided.
We will also be joined by a range of educational organisations, providing opportunities for you to speak directly to them and find out how they can support you as well as taking away useful resources to help you in the classroom.
Please note you must be a Student or NQT member of the Chartered College of Teaching to purchase the Student/NQT member ticket.
Membership for the Chartered College is FREE for the duration of your studies/training, and only £1.88/month for NQTs.To join, go to https://members.chartered.college/join/memberships
Special thanks to our headline sponsor:
Bloomsbury Education publishes books, apps and digital resources for schools and educators to inspire teaching, learning and young minds. From practical classroom resources and lesson plans to side-splitting poetry, from fantastic fiction for struggling readers to professional development, we will have something for your needs. Covering Early Years through to Further Education, Bloomsbury Education works with its highly experienced and trusted authors to help teachers teach better and children learn more.
- Event date
- November 9, 2019
- Event time
- 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Event location
- Brooks, 53 Bonsall St, Manchester M15 6GX
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching