In our third Early Career Fest session, Paul Kirschner and Elizabeth Mountstevens will join Lisa-Maria Muller in delivering a presentation on Using Cognitive Science to Inform Classroom Practice. In this webinar we will explore:
- How we can use what we know about how pupils learn to make effective decisions in the classroom
- The role of retrieval practice and spaced learning in embedding learning for the long term
- What the challenges are in using cognitive science in education
Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A towards the end of the webinar.
Across one week, the Chartered College of Teaching will be hosting a range of fantastic online events to support you as you set out on your teaching journey. Learn from teachers and academics and access a wealth of insights to make the strongest possible start to your career. No matter what challenges lie ahead, the Chartered College of Teaching is here to support our fantastic profession to change lives and deliver world-class teaching. #ECFest
Register now: https://chartered.college/early-career-fest/
Interested in content on this theme?
- Cognitive science in the classroom
- What is retrieval practice and how can I use it in the classroom?
- Event date
- September 30, 2020
- Event time
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Event location
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching