In our first Early Career Fest session, Amy Forrester (Director of Pastoral Care, Cockermouth School and Behaviour Columnist, TES) will join Katy Chedzey (Head of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Chartered College of Teaching) in delivering a presentation on How to Implement an Effective Classroom Culture. In this webinar we will explore:
- What do we mean by ‘classroom culture’
- Why establishing an effective classroom culture is important for facilitating learning
- What are the characteristics of an effective classroom culture and what does this look like in practice?
- Practical examples of how to successfully implement and embed an effective classroom culture
- What are the challenges teachers might face and how might these be overcome?
Participants will also have the opportunity to ask Amy and Katy questions in a Q&A towards the end of the webinar.
Amy is an experienced pastoral leader with responsibility for leading on whole school behaviour as well as pastoral care. She is also a behaviour columnist for the Times Educational Supplement (TES).
Across one week, the Chartered College of Teaching will be hosting a range of fantastic online events to support you as you set out on your teaching journey. Learn from teachers and academics and access a wealth of insights to make the strongest possible start to your career. No matter what challenges lie ahead, the Chartered College of Teaching is here to support our fantastic profession to change lives and deliver world-class teaching. #ECFest
Register now: https://chartered.college/early-career-fest/
Interested in content on this theme?
- Event date
- September 28, 2020
- Event time
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Event location
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching