In our fourth and final Early Career Fest session, Marlon Moncrieffe (Senior Lecturer, School of Education, University of Brighton) will join Alison Peacock (Chief Executive, Chartered College of Teaching) in delivering a presentation on decolonising the curriculum. In this webinar we will explore:
- Marlon’s new book: Decolonising the History Curriculum
- What do we mean by ‘decolonising the curriculum’?
- Why it is important and the benefits a more diverse curriculum can bring
- Practical examples to diversifying the curriculum
Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A towards the end of the webinar.
Across one week, the Chartered College of Teaching will be hosting a range of fantastic online events to support you as you set out on your teaching journey. Learn from teachers and academics and access a wealth of insights to make the strongest possible start to your career. No matter what challenges lie ahead, the Chartered College of Teaching is here to support our fantastic profession to change lives and deliver world-class teaching. #ECFest
Register now: https://chartered.college/early-career-fest/
Interested in content on this theme?
- Event date
- October 1, 2020
- Event time
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Event location
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching