You must be a member of the Chartered College of Teaching to book onto this event.
Differentiation is a pragmatic process that enables teachers to maximise each student’s learning in the long-term. It is a process of giving students appropriate levels of feedback, scaffolding and targeted practice to support them in achieving these common learning goals.
In this webinar chaired by Dr Lisa-Maria Muller (Education Research Manager, Chartered College of Teaching), Bukky Yusuf FCCT (Senior Leader and Science Lead, Edith Kay School) will provide an understanding of what differentiation is, why it is useful for teachers in their day-to-day teaching practice, and how it fits in with having high expectations on outcomes for all learners.
In particular, we will cover the following areas:
- What is the purpose of differentiation and why it is important for ensuring the progress of all learners?
- What are the challenges in implementing differentiation into day to day practice and how might we overcome these?
- Provide practical examples of approaches to differentiation in the classroom
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask our speakers questions during a Q&A towards the end of the event.
Interested in content on this theme?
- Great teaching techniques: Differentiation
- High expectations and challenge for all: Selected reading
- Event date
- January 27, 2021
- Event time
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event location
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching