Lesson Study is a powerful tool for developing teachers. Through using Lesson Study they have the potential to learn significant information about their pupils, their practice and the subject they are teaching.
This event will focus on how Lesson Study cycles can be planned to both capture and develop the learning that is revealed. Three components will be explored:
- Planning Lesson Study cycles
- Recognising and recording learning
- Building and Developing learning after the cycle completes.
Dr John Mynott will be leading this session and will share recent research into Lesson Study and professional learning. The session will look at the Lesson Study cycle in detail and build understanding further of how learning can be shared, developed and extended along the Lesson Study cycle.
Attendance is Free
Snacks will be provided
The event is suitable for anyone with an interest in Lesson Study whether you are new to Lesson Study or are more experienced with Lesson Study.
- Event date
- October 19, 2019
- Event time
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event location
- School of Education, School of Education, University of Bristol, 35 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1JA
- Event organiser
- Chartered College Network