This event is one of two online webinars focused on equipping or refreshing teachers with high quality teaching strategies to support them in the recovery/catch-up post-school closures.
This session will focus on assessment techniques that are effective at identifying gaps in learning and considers teacher workload.
- To understand how to identify which essential learning might be most useful for teachers to assess (e.g. essential prior knowledge)
- To be equipped with a range of practical strategies for assessing pupils’ knowledge and understanding, including effective questioning techniques
- To know how to design and use hinge questions and activities to check understanding and inform next steps within a lesson sequence
- To consider how we might use formative assessment efficiently within the classroom
Attendees will also have an opportunity to ask questions towards the end of the webinar.
Interested in content on this theme?
- Assessment: Why it matters and what you need to know
- Daisy Christodoulou explains comparative marking and why it matters for assessment
- Event date
- May 11, 2021
- Event time
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event location
- Event organiser
- Chartered College of Teaching