This event brings together speakers and delegates who are passionate about stimulating children’s excitement about literature and their learning of language and literacy, working towards positive change in the curriculum.
This event will feature internationally renowned key note speakers and workshop leaders presenting the latest research and exemplary education practice.
- Professor Li Wei – Director and Dean, UCL IOE
- Professor Dominic Wyse – Professor of Early Childhood & Primary Education, Founding Director Helen Hamlyn Centre for Pedagogy (0 to 11 Years) (HHCP), IOE, UCL
- Farrah Serroukh – Research and Development Director at the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education (CLPE)
- Professor Fiona Maine – Professor of Language and Literacy in Education at the University of Exeter
- Frank Cottrell-Boyce – Carnegie Medal-winning children’s novelist
- Dr Steve Graham – Regents and the Warner Professor at Arizona State University
- Professor Teresa Cremin – Professor of Education (Literacy) at The Open University and Co-Director of the Literacy and Social Justice Centre
This in-person event will be particularly useful for researchers, policy makers, teachers and education professionals with an interest in early years and primary education who want to see improvements in policy and practice.