Your Application for Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status
The Application for Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status, counts as the final 20 credits candidates are required to complete, in order to be awarded with Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status.
Suitable for: Those who have registered as a candidate for, and completed the four main assessment units on the Chartered Teacher (Leadership) pathway, notably:
- Certificate in Evidence-Informed Practice
- Development of Teaching Practice Award (Leadership)
- Professional Knowledge Award (Leadership)
- Education Research and Inquiry Certificate (Leadership)
- Currently hold active Full Membership (MCCT) or Fellowship (FCCT) of the Chartered College of Teaching and will continue to do so in order to retain Chartered Status.
- Be a practising school leader with either whole or cross-school responsibility, employed to work with pupils 0-19 years of age, in an early years, primary, secondary, further education or specialist setting. This should be within the UK, Ireland, a Crown Dependency or a British Overseas Territory, a Services Education Setting, a British International School; or another type of school having completed initial teacher training in the UK.
- Have successfully completed all four assessment units, achieving 80 credits on the Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Pathway and can provide certification for completing these units (except where exempted through Recognition of Prior Certified Learning)
- At the point of application, you will need to have at least 3 years experience as a practising school leader – these do not need to be consecutive.
What does the Application for Award of Chartered Teacher Status Involve?
The Professional Learning Profile (Inc. Professional Learning Plan and three written reflections) An Education Perspective Statement, where you outline your perspective relating to key themes, explaining how your beliefs have been informed by evidence, and the influence these beliefs have on your practice.
A satisfactory Headteacher or Chair of Governors reference to confirm your current employment as a practising school leader, and professional standing.
To purchase this application unit you must have registered as a candidate for Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status (typically at least 3 months prior and no longer than 3 years prior to application) and successfully completed the four Chartered Teacher (Leadership) assessment units (except where exempted through Recognition of Prior Certified Learning).