In the second webinar of ECFEST 2021, Joe Treacy (Head of Membership, Chartered College of Teaching) was joined by Karl C Pupé (Author and Speaker, Action Hero Teacher) who gave a presentation on strategies for managing behaviour and creating an effective classroom culture.
- The ‘Trust Mountain’ model of Behaviour Management and how it can help you identify & engage the four types of students in your classroom.
- To identify your own classroom management style and learn the three styles that you MUST avoid to keep your class onside.
- Two simple but effective techniques to turn disruptive students into allies in your classroom.
- Download the audio transcript
- Download Karl’s slides
- Karl’s website
- Purchase the ‘The Action Hero Teacher: Classroom Management Made Simple’ book
- Get the ‘Teaching Generation Z’ eBook (FREE)
- Find lots of valuable resources on managing behaviour on the Early Career Hub
- Tom Bennett and Amy Forrester on behaviour
- ‘Teach Like a Champion’ webinar with Doug Lemov
- Find articles on behaviour on our Impact website
- Behaviour advice for new teachers
- Behaviour management in the classroom
- Resetting and rebooting behaviour
- Behaviour management practical tips
- Beyond behaviourism
Our guest speakers:
Karl Pupé (Author and Speaker, Action Hero Teacher)
Karl Pupé is a qualified classroom teacher with a decade’s experience across the Primary, Secondary and Further Education sectors. Specialising in Behaviour Management, he worked as a Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETs) Coordinator teaching students with severe Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. He is the author of “The Action Hero Teacher: Classroom Management Made Simple” and founder of www.actionheroteacher.com. The Action Hero Teacher Blog was voted by influential marketing research company Vuelio as one of the “Top 10 Education blogs in the UK.”