Pedagogy in Practice: A programme to improve classroom pedagogy to maximise student engagement and learning
- Alexander R (2020) A Dialogic Teaching Companion. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Bentley-Davies C (2021) Sticky Teaching and Learning: How to Make Your Students Remember What You Teach Them. Carmarthen: Crown House Publishing.
- Johnson BS (2021) Better Questioning for Better Learning: Strategies for Engaged Thinking. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Lemov D (2014) Teach like a Champion 2.0. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Ofsted (2022) ‘Now the whole school is reading’: Supporting struggling readers in secondary school. Available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/now-the-whole-school-is-reading-supporting-struggling-readers-in-secondary-school/now-the-whole-school-is-reading-supporting-struggling-readers-in-secondary-school (accessed 28 June 2023).
- Sherrington T (2019) Rosenshine’s Principles in Action. Woodbridge: John Catt.
About the Author
I am currently leading on Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, SEND and Behaviour as Deputy Headteacher. I am passionate about keeping up to date with the latest research and use this to inform my strategic planning.