Application for Chartered Teacher (Mentor) Status
The Application for Chartered Teacher (Mentor) Status, counts as the final 20 credits candidates are required to complete, in order to be awarded with Chartered Teacher Status.
Who is this for:
Candidates who have registered on the Chartered Teacher pathway and successfully completed the following four assessment units (except where exempted through Recognition of Prior Certified Learning):
- Certificate in Evidence-Informed Practice
- Development of Teaching Practice Award (Mentor)
- Professional Knowledge Award (Mentor)
- Education Research and Inquiry Certificate
- Currently hold MCCT membership or FCCT membership of the Chartered College of Teaching and continue to do so in order to retain Chartered Status.
- Be a practising teacher, currently employed to teach children or young people aged 0-19 years in an early years, primary, secondary, further education or specialist setting in: the UK, Ireland, a Crown Dependency or a British Overseas Territory, a Services Education Setting, a British International School; or another type of school having completed initial teacher training in the UK.
- Have successfully completed all four assessment units, achieving 80 credits on the Chartered Teacher Pathway and can provide certification for completing these units (except where exempted through Recognition of Prior Certified Learning)
- At the point of application, you will need to have at least 3 years experience as a teacher. To be eligible for Chartered Status you must have been employed as a teacher for a minimum of three years prior to application – these do not need to be consecutive
What does the Application for Award of Chartered Teacher (Mentor) Status Involve?
- You will gain access to our ‘Application for Award of Chartered Teacher (Mentor) Status’ unit, which aims to provide you with the key information and guidance you need to submit your application. The application unit requirements include;
- A satisfactory Headteacher Reference to confirm your current employment as a practising classroom teacher, and professional standing.
- The Professional Learning Profile (Inc. Professional Learning Plan and three written reflections)
- An Education Perspectives Statement, where you outline your perspective relating to key themes, explaining how your beliefs have been informed by evidence, and the influence these beliefs have on your practice.
To purchase this application unit you must have registered as a candidate for Chartered Teacher (Mentor) Status (typically at least 3 months prior and no longer than 3 years prior to application) and successfully completed the four Chartered Teacher (Mentor) assessment units (except where exempted through Recognition of Prior Certified Learning).