Chartered Teacher (Leadership) bundle (entire pathway)
Suitable for: Practising senior leaders, headteachers and those working in leadership roles across multiple schools.
This bundle includes all relevant Chartered Teacher (Leadership) pathway unit that you need to complete to attain Chartered Status, this includes;
- Introductory course: Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status
- Certificate in Evidence-Informed Practice
- Development of Teaching Practice Award (Leadership)
- Education Research and Inquiry Certificate (Leadership)
- Professional Knowledge Award (Leadership)
- Application for Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status
Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status is a professional learning and accreditation pathway for practising school leaders that supports career-long development, relevant to all phases, settings and subject areas. Chartered Teachers are recognised for evidence-informed, high-quality teaching practice, benefiting their school and the children and young people they teach.
Please ensure that you check the eligibility requirements below before purchasing. You should not purchase this bundle on behalf of another person through your own membership account.
Up to 3 years.
Typically, we would suggest it should take around 1-2 years to complete all four required assessment units and submit your application for Chartered Status, however you have up to three years, if needed.
By registering and purchasing this Chartered Status pathway, you will confirm that you meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Be a practising school leader with whole school or cross school responsibility, working with pupils up to 19 years of age in a relevant setting, either in a school in the UK or an accredited British International School.
- Be eligible for and hold current full Membership (MCCT) or Fellowship (FCCT) of the Chartered College of Teaching, both whilst you are working towards Chartered Status and to retain your Chartered Status in future (see our Membership Handbook for further details).
- At the point of final application and award, you will need to have a minimum of 3 years experience as a practising school leader. These years do not need to be consecutive.
If you are a practising classroom teacher or middle leader you may prefer to follow the Chartered Teacher pathway instead. Alternatively if you are a school-based mentor you may prefer to follow the Chartered Teacher (Mentor) pathway.
To purchase this pathway you must be eligible to register as a candidate for Chartered Teacher (Leadership) Status (see above).
If you have recently completed another qualification, we may be able to use this as credits towards Chartered Status. Before you purchase this pathway, check to see if you are eligible for Recognition of Prior Certified Learning.