In the third webinar of ECFEST, Hannah Tyreman (Head of Online Learning and Community, Chartered College of Teaching) was joined by Bukky Yusuf FCCT (Senior Leader, Edith Kay School) who gave a presentation on strategies for effective lesson planning that supports all learners to aim high.
- Learn strategies to develop engaging lesson plans in a way that reduces workload
- Understand the importance of motivating all learners to aim for high outcomes
- Explore differentiation techniques to ensure your lessons can support all learners to thrive
- Download the audio transcript
- Download Bukky’s slides
- You can find lots of valuable resources on lesson planning on the Early Career Hub
- Check out Bukky’s previous webinar with us: How can we use differentiation to maximise students’ learning potential?
- Sara Bubb – how to build differentiation into your planning and teaching:Second Level Support Service – Using Graphic Organisers in Teaching and Learning
- Dr Susanna Pinkus – putting differentiation into practice
- Creately – The Ultimate List of Graphic Organizers for Teachers and Students
- Planning for deep learning across the curriculum
- What is the best way to motivate students in your subject?
- Motivation in a Primary Classroom
- Lesson planning
Our guest speakers:
Bukky Yusuf FCCT (Senior Leader, Edith Kay School)
Bukky Yusuf is a senior leader, science teacher and coach. She has undertaken a number of leadership roles within mainstream / special schools and is also an ambassador for Leadership Matters. Bukky is involved with a number of grassroots organisations including her roles as a Network Leader and coach for WomenEd & BAMEEd and a Steering Group member of the teacher5aday well-being initiative for educators.
Beyond the classroom, Bukky has a variety of Ed(ucation) Tech(nology) experiences which includes participating as a judge for The EdTech50 Schools, BETT Awards and serving as an Education Board Member for Innovate My School. She was co-chair of the EdTech Leadership Group to support the Government’s EdTech strategy.
- Twitter: @rondelle10_b
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bukky-yusuf-fcct-18893647/
- WordPress: https://teachleadco.wordpress.com/
A really useful set of tools from Bukky there, thank you. In addition to all the recommendations Bukky made, I’d like to add Kate Jones and her set of Retrieval Practice books – they also have lots of tools for engaging learners, especially during revision activities for KS4/5 exams.