In the last webinar of ECFEST, Dr Lisa-Maria Muller (Education Research Manager, Chartered College of Teaching) was joined by Mark Dawes CTeach (Teacher of Mathematic, Comberton Village College) who gave a presentation on teaching techniques that utilise what we know from The study of the human mind, such as the processes of though... More about how students learn.
- Download the audio transcript
- Download Mark’s slides
- Find out more about how students learn on our Early Career Hub, a website full of resources for Early Career Teachers
- Impact issue 2 – Science of Learning
- Impact issue 8 – Cognition and Learning
- An introduction to cognitive science
Our guest speaker:
Mark Dawes CTeach (Teacher of Mathematic, Comberton Village College)
Mark is a Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) at Comberton Village College, a secondary school and sixth form close to Cambridge. He was previously Head of Maths and now works part time on the Secondary Mathematics PGCE course in Cambridge. He recently achieved the Chartered Teacher qualification from the Chartered College.