Supporting students to thrive in their transition to university by enhancing the curricula with our head, hand and heart
- Devis-Rozental C (2018) Developing Socio-Emotional Intelligence in Higher Education Scholars. Cham: Springer.
- Devis-Rozental C and Barron M (2020) Mind the gap: Supporting students to have a successful transition to university, it is everyone’s responsibility. In: Devis-Rozental C and Clarke S (eds) Humanising Higher Education: A Positive Approach to Enhancing Wellbeing. Cham: Springer, pp. 82–106.
- Devis-Rozental C and Farquharson L (2020). What influences students in their development of socio-emotional intelligence whilst at university? Higher Education Pedagogies 5(1): 294–309.
- Galvin K and Todres L (2013) Caring and Well-Being: A Lifeworld Approach. Oxon: Routledge.
- Hassel S and Ridout N (2018) An investigation of first-year students' and lecturers' expectations of university education. Frontiers in Psychology 8: 2218.
- Jones H (2011) Are our students prepared for university? Bioscience Education 18(1): 1–12.
- Joseph-Salisbury R (2020) Race and Racism in English Secondary Schools. London: Runnymede.
- Lowe H and Cook A (2003) Mind the gap: Are students prepared for higher education? Journal of Further and Higher Education 27: 53–76.
- Meehan C and Howells K (2018) ‘What really matters to freshers?’: Evaluation of first year student experience of transition into university. Journal of Further and Higher Education 42(7): 897–907.
- Murtagh L (2010) They give us homework! Transition to higher education: The case of initial teacher training. Journal of Further and Higher Education 34: 405–418.
- Myhill D, Banerjee P, Herbert D et al. (2019) Transforming transitions: A HEFCE catalyst project.
- O’Brien K and Lomas T (2017) Developing a growth mindset through outdoor personal development: Can an intervention underpinned by psychology increase the impact of an outdoor learning course for young people? Journal of Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning 17(2): 133–147.
- Rozental-Devis D (2020) Humanising higher education by listening to the student voice. In: Devis-Rozental C and Clarke S (eds) Humanising Higher Education: A Positive Approach to Enhancing Wellbeing. Cham: Springer, pp. 64–80.
- Seldon A, and Martin A (2018) The positive and mindful university. London: HEPI.
- Todres L, Galvin KT and Holloway I (2009) The humanisation of healthcare: A value framework for qualitative research. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-Being 4(2): 68–77.
- Van Rooij E (2018) Secondary School Students' University Readiness and their Transition to University. Groningen: University of Groningen.
- Zhu H, Jiawei C, Wang H et al. (2019) Day re-construction: Understanding how college students manage their time through self-monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Maui, USA, 8–11 January 2019, pp. 3820–3829. Manoa: University of Hawaii.