A Teaching and Learning Charter: A metacognitive approach to learning
- Agarwal PK and Bain PM (2019) Powerful Teaching: Unleash the Science of Learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Brown PC, Roediger HL and McDaniel MA (2014) Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning. Massachusetts: Harvard University Press.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education (2019) Getting started with metacognition. Available at: https://cambridge-community.org.uk/professional-development/gswmeta/index.html (accessed 10 May 2022).
- Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) (2018) Metacognition and self-regulated learning. Available at: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/education-evidence/guidance-reports/metacognition (accessed 11 May 2022).
- Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) (2019) Metacognition and self-regulated learning: A guidance report. Available at: https://d2tic4wvo1iusb.cloudfront.net/eef-guidance-reports/metacognition/EEF_Metacognition_and_self-regulated_learning.pdf?v=1635355221 (accessed 18 April 2022).
- Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) (2022a) Metacognition and self-regulation. Available at: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/education-evidence/teaching-learning-toolkit/metacognition-and-self-regulation (accessed 18 April 2022).
- Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) (2022b) Modelling independence: The seven-step model planning tool. Available at: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/news/eef-blog-modelling-independence-the-seven-step-model-planning-tool (accessed 10 May 2022).
- Ofqual (2021) Learning during the pandemic: Review of research from England. Available at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/998935/6803-4_Learning_during_the_pandemic-_review_of_research_from_England.pdf (accessed 10 May 2022).
- Pedder D and Opfer VD (2010) Planning and organisation of teachers’ continuous professional development in schools in England. The Curriculum Journal 21(4): 433–452.
- Quigley A and Stringer E (2018) Making sense of metacognition. Impact 3: 26–30.
- Sherrington T and Caviglioli O (2020) Teaching Walkthrus: Visual Step by Step Guides to Essential Teaching Techniques. Woodbridge: John Catt Educational.
- Sword R (2021) Metacognition in the classroom: Benefit and strategies. High Speed Training Hub. Available at: http://highspeedtraining.co.uk/hub/metacognition-in-the-classroom (accessed 10 May 2022).
- Teacher Development Trust (2014) Developing great teaching. Available at: https://tdtrust.org/about/dgt (accessed 11 May 2022).
- Weinstein Y, Sumeracki M and Caviglioli O (2019) Understanding How We Learn: A Visual Guide. Oxon: Routledge.