In this Early Career Hub: Live webinar, Joe Treacy (Head of Membership, Chartered College of Teaching) is joined by Vijita Patel (Principal & National Leader of Education, Swiss Cottage School and Development & Research Centre) who delivered a presentation on how to support learners with SEND.
Participants also had the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A towards the end of the webinar.
- You can access the SEND code of practice here
- Take a look at this article on MyCollege: Creating an inclusive classroom: How best to ensure that all students progress and thrive
- If you’re interested in the evidence-informed approaches Vijita is sharing, read this article on the Early Career Hub: SEND and the art of detection: An evidence based approach to supporting learners
- Check out Vijita’s video presentation from earlier in the year on considerations for pupils with additional needs as we navigate COVID-19
- Here are a couple more reads from MyCollege related to today’s topic: I’m not hiding, you just can’t see me: understanding how schools help learners with hidden learning needs and Strictly classroom: Why knowing your dance routine can help you maximise the contribution and impact of teaching assistants
- Read about how students with SEND experience life in mainstream school
- If you’ve enjoyed today’s webinar, why not check out our research highlights on SEND?